I have been back and forth with being plant-based /vegetarian over the last 10 years, but to be honest it can be a daunting task thinking of what to prep and make. It was much easier when I was single and living on my own, but now that I’m a mom and . have other people to prep meals for and feed, time to prep and cook is minimal.
Let’s not bore you with my plant-based journey, but here’s what I whipped together with some simple things we had in our fridge and pantry.
Egg-less Tofu Hash:
- a block of firm tofu crumbled by hand
- cooked brown lentils
- smokey tempeh (I used Light Life, but you could use any brand really)
- cook the tempeh in the pan first, break it up once cooked
- add the crumbled tofu
- sprinkle three shakes of tumeric (for color and antioxidant and antiinflammatory boost)
- make sure to add a few shakes of pepper*** (and salt to taste)
- add cooked brown lentils
- optional: add any liquid if you find it too dry (dairy-free alternative or water)
***the pepper helps release the benefits of the curcumin in the tumeric (Hewlings & Cullman, 2017) so make sure you add this to any tumeric recipes (food and gold milk lattes etc…)
Let me know how your plant-based breakfast turns out